We help Britain’s creative talent create thriving businesses…
As a business incubator, we offer more than just affordable creative workspace. We have an experienced on-site team, offering an array of support services to help accelerate the successful development of your business.
Having a studio at Cockpit Arts is a recognised benchmark of quality craftsmanship and design excellence. Our incubator is specifically tailored to help talented designer-makers who are also developing creatively.
You can tap into what you need, when you need it and as we are a social enterprise, our services are provided as a package below commercial rates. With our support, designer-makers profits at Cockpit Arts have increased year-on-year at an average of 28% (above the rate of inflation) since we started measuring in 2005.
The offer of a studio at Cockpit Arts is by selection and there is a two stage process. Full details including selection criteria, services and charges can be found in the Application Pack. Cockpit Arts is committed to equality of opportunity for all and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Not ready to apply? Why not take part in our Making It workshops and seminars to help boost your business knowledge and skills.
Our Incubator Package Includes:
Affordable Studio Space
· Managed studio
· Creative environment
· Office facilities and resource library
· Broadband access
· A team of on-site coaches
· One-to-one business support
· Peer-to-peer action learning
· Ingenious Growth Loan Fund
· Cockpit Associates (referral to specialist advisers)
· Making It Programme
- Workshops & Seminars
- Toolkit, Online Resource and more
PR & Sales
· Open Studios public selling events
· Online selling on CultureLabel.com
· Profile raising events and campaigns
· Exclusive studio tours with selling opportunities
· Online designer-maker directory and e-marketing
· Brand Association and use of Makers Mark
· Social Events
· Coffee Lotto
· Wellbeing activities
· Exclusive online networks
Cockpit Arts is a social enterprise. Our fees are lower than commercial rates making the incubator package affordable. To give you an indication of price – the monthly charge for 100 ft2 including all of the services, water, heating and service charges is £259.75 per month in Holborn and £215.41 plus VAT in Deptford. We are also able to offer sponsored Awards to applicants who are in greatest need of financial support. Check the website regularly for updates.